2 very ripe medium bananas (about 2 cups sliced)
1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour or flax flour / chickpea four as an alternative.
1/2 cup rolled oats - can substitute for gluten free oats
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon cinnamon
3 eggs or flax egg
1 cup milk (dairy or non dairy)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 tablespoons butter or coconut oil
- Mash the bananas until they are smooth.
- Add bananas to a bowl with the rest of the ingredients except the butter. Gently stir together.
- Warm a nonstick pan over medium heat. Add a small bit of the butter, melt, and spread it around the pan.
- Drop ¼ cups of batter onto the pan and spread out thinly.
- Cook for about 3 minutes or until you see bubbles on the surface of the pancake. Flip and cook for an additional 2-3 minutes.
- Continue to cook the rest of the batter.
- Serve with some delicious fresh fruit, other toppings of your choice, even with a side of an imPRESSice lolly!
*Recipe adapted from Yummy Toddler Food.